Monday 20 June 2011

Artist Inspirational Work - James Paterson

My assignment was to make a piece of artwork inspired by James Paterson's style of art. I see that his way of sketching objects always contains squiggly if not, messy lines. Also, he seems to enjoy to make random pieces of artwork; as in creating random objects or creating some kind of abstract art from computerized programs, paintings, sketches and pencil crayon. I found a certain image on one of his sites, which is http://www.insertsilence.com/.

This was the inspired artwork I created on Adobe Illustrator.
It has a bunch of random abstracted strokes, which make it look like an explosion. I wanted to add a monsters face to the background and have its hand holding onto a cracked wall of some sort to make it look as if the monster created the explosion.
















This was the original
(The image I found on one of his sites).

No comments:

Post a Comment